Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Contaminacion Ambiental

      Mexico city has been said to be the most dangerous place in the world for children, due to how polluted the air has become over the last 50 years or so. Although humans played the biggest part in this pollution level the geography of Mexico city also played a part in it. Mexico City is located in the crater of an old extinct volcano and is 2,240 meters above sea level, being that high up causes all sorts of problems pollution wise, one of them being that it causes automobiles to give off more of the dangerous emissions like carbon monoxide. Being in a valley the city's air pollution goes into the air and stays there, because not a lot of wind can sweep it away.

      Well I have heard that breathing the air in Mexico City is like smoking a pack of cigarettes, and this article has really just contributed to me actually knowing how bad it is and honestly it doesn't sound like a place I would want to go to. With all the geographical issues that the city face, like the wind not sweeping away the air pollutants and the high altitude causes extra emissions, but to add to that i've done another blog about how the city is sinking, That really makes me wonder why people dont leave, there are plenty of other decently-sized cities in Mexico and I don't think that living in El Ciudad De Mexico is worth it. The fact that all the pollution there causes health issues just seems like a dead giveaway telling people  to move away, I don't think that increased chance of any health problem happening is worth it, also for the people that have asthma (like me) have increased chances of issues and I know that out of the around 20 million people that live in Mexico City many of them have it. I don't think that I will ever live in El Ciudad De Mexico.

        Site: http://www.idrc.ca/EN/Resources/Publications/Pages/ArticleDetails.aspx?PublicationID=740

No comments:

Post a Comment